Arizona Luminaria aims to be a welcoming and inclusive space where readers from all communities and ideologies feel safe. That starts with civility, which we know you value, and we do too. That’s why our Code of Conduct policy sets some ground rules. Thanks to everyone who contributes to productive and respectful conversations whether that’s in person, on our social platforms or through email.
Here are the kinds of comments and responses that help make our stories stronger:
• Direct responses to an article about how your experience relates to the topic.
• Factual information that provides context.
• Thoughtful answers to questions raised by the article.
• Tips that could advance our reporting.
Here’s what we block. Users can be banned on the first offense for any of the following behaviors:
• Name-calling, insulting or otherwise attacking another commenter, a staff member, writer or contributor, another site user or a group of people.
• Comments that include obscene language or hate speech.
• Posting or linking to irrelevant, abusive or otherwise inappropriate content or comments.
• Posting comments that question or denigrate the value of communities of color.
• Posting self-promotional content.