Unless otherwise noted, you can republish our articles for free under a Creative Commons
license. Here’s what you need to know:
• Credit us. In the byline, we prefer “Author Name, Arizona Luminaria” At the top of the text of your story, include a line that reads: “This story was originally published by Arizona Luminaria.” You must link the word “Arizona Luminaria” to the original URL of the story.
• If you’re republishing online, you must link to the URL of this story on azluminaria.org
, include all of the links from our story, including our newsletter sign up language and link, and use our Republish tag.
• If you use canonical metadata, please use the Arizona Luminaria URL. For more information about canonical metadata, click here
• Do not edit our text, cutlines or headlines, except to reflect relative changes in time, location and editorial style. (For example, “yesterday” can be changed to “July 22” and “Portland, Ore.” to “Portland” or “here.”)
• Do not republish our photographs or illustrations.
• It’s OK to put our stories on pages with ads, but not ads specifically sold against our stories. You can’t state or imply that donations to your organization support AZ Luminaria's work.
• Republishing does not give you the rights to sell, license, syndicate, or otherwise represent yourself as the authorized owner of our material to any third parties. This means that you cannot actively publish or submit our work for syndication to third party platforms or apps like Apple News or Google News. AZ Luminaria understands that publishers cannot fully control when certain third parties automatically summarize or crawl content from publishers’ own sites.
• Do not republish our material wholesale, or automatically; please select stories to be republished individually.
• Do not use our work to populate a website designed to improve rankings on search engines or solely to gain revenue from network-based advertisements.
• Please contact us at email@example.com
if you'd like to translate one of our stories into another language.
• If you share republished stories on social media, we’d appreciate being tagged in your posts. We have official accounts on Twitter
• If you have any other questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
by Becky Pallack, AZ Luminaria
October 7, 2022